BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the run-down:

I have a 2015 428i coupe. Fully loaded. About to drive off the lot and I ask the salesman to make it to where my unlock/lock beeps. After his attempt to change the setting it was then brought to our attention that the car did not come with an alarm built in. "NO BIGGIE. WE WANT ONE & WILL PAY FOR IT- WE SAID- WHEN CAN WE BRING IT IN TO GET IT INSTALLED??" That's when we were told you could not get a factory alarm system installed after the fact. In order to have the alarm it would have had to have been ordered and built with the car in Germany. Essentially if you want ab alarm system- you need to buy another car. I think it's complete BS that BMW would not make it to where you can install a factory alarm after the fact. It does not make any sense to me what-so-ever. I had a 2006 Scion TC in highschool and that had an alarm, and a 2011 Lexus IS250 F sport both with alarms. Now my $54,000 car with every thing in it doesn't? Seriously?

To me it's not just about having an anti-theft alarm, but the biggest problem I have is that without an alarm- the car DOES NOT have a PANIC BUTTON on the keyfob. Being that BMW is all about "safety"- this is extremely dangerous for it's drivers. I'm not talking about pressing your panic button to help find your car in a garage or parking lot. (Which is also nice to have.) I'm strictly talking about when you are in an unsafe situation walking to your car and you need to set the Panic Button off to draw attention w/ the loud noise scarcely off any potential threats that may be around you. I am a very petite (105lbs, 5'2") young girl. I live in New Orleans, LA, and 99% of the time it is completely unsafe for me to walk down the street in the city to and from my car. (Any gender, of any size, for that matter.) I have been in a handful of situations where I have been followed, and have come extremely close to possible life threatening situations where I have been lucky enough to escape. Most of it has to do with setting my Panic Button off on my Lexus. I have SOS and all, but that does nothing to help me when I'm being followed to my car and can be held at gun point w/ a thug trying to steal my car or God forbid, abduct / assault me personally. I simply would set off my panic button on my key if I had any suspicion or felt unsafe. That's my personal take on the situation. BMW seriously needs to come out with an official after market alarm system or atleast a siren for solely a panic button. Not to mention the lights flicker only A SINGLE time once you lock & unlock the car- No matter the amount of times you click the button. If you didn't see it blink the first time you hit lock you won't see it flash again unless you hit unlock and then lock again and watch the light. (Vise Versa). I'm BMW's biggest fan, but It's piss poor if you ask me.

My question is has anyone tried any after market alarm systems in their 428is? Which one? And how is it working? My biggest concern is that all of the settings are via the BMW keyfob and I'm wondering if with an after market -non BMW systexm, would affect the features of the keyfob? And would I have to carry an additional keyfob for the aftermarket system in order for it to be effective? I apologize for the novel, but this is a serious safety issue I believe needs to be addressed.

Thank you,

BimmerBabe666

·
Registered
4 Posts
BimmerBabe666, I have a 2015 BMW F33 convertible and it didn't come with an alarm. So, I installed a Viper 3903V and I'm very happy about it. I don't have to carry an extra transmitter as it uses the existing factory keyfob. I also installed a dual shock sensor so on slight bumps it will beep 3 times and sound the alarm for 5 minutes on a full impact. I also installed the radar sensor so that when someone is too close and in 5 seconds, it will chirp 7 times. When the top is down, it will sound the alarm when a motion is detected inside the car. I can press the keyfob lock button for 3 seconds and it will trigger the alarm. So, I suggest finding a dealer who can install a Viper or Phyton 3903 alarm if you want the panic alarm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long story but yu don't need an alarm on a BMW. I had one added at the factory fro my 128i. Dealer was shocked. No one orders them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts