BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I recently got my 2014 428I with M sport package (staggered wheels)... I would like to change my 18" factory rims to 19" rims 19x8.5 FRONT, 19X9.5 REAR. what do you guys think?
What is the OEM rims hub size? how about offset?
What size tires should I use on these?
Is the ride going to be rough? I don't wanna use run-flat tires!

Thank you so much in advance

·
Registered
360 Posts
what fits and doesnt fit is a tricky topic to answer.

it depends on alot of things

are you lowering your car?

are you stretching your tires?

being such a new car it will be hard to get an answer to be honest with you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello ara606,
Recently (three weeks ago) got 435i sport package and ppk and 19" staggered wheels and tires. The roads in my area, suburb of NYC, are ok but winter took it's toll. The 19" with 35/40 profile run flats can be a bit harsh. If I had to do over I would have chosen the staggered 18". I don't believe you give up much in performance with the 18's and they are less likely to be damaged by poor road conditions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what fits and doesnt fit is a tricky topic to answer.

it depends on alot of things

are you lowering your car?

are you stretching your tires?

being such a new car it will be hard to get an answer to be honest with you
Hello.
I am not lowering the car. Planning to use 225/40/19 and 255/35/19 just like factroty setup for 19"
Thanks for your reply :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello ara606,
Recently (three weeks ago) got 435i sport package and ppk and 19" staggered wheels and tires. The roads in my area, suburb of NYC, are ok but winter took it's toll. The 19" with 35/40 profile run flats can be a bit harsh. If I had to do over I would have chosen the staggered 18". I don't believe you give up much in performance with the 18's and they are less likely to be damaged by poor road conditions.
Hello :)
Actually that is what I am afraid of!!! I was thinking to go with non-run flat tire which are softer 225/40/19 and 255/35/19...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts