2014 428I Alarm - BMW 4-Series Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 03-07-2015, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 8
(Thread Starter)
2014 428I Alarm

Hello guys!


I have recently purchased a 2014 428I. I has no idea the car was NOT equipped with Alarm system. Does anyone know if its possible to add factory alarm to this car? Or just somehow modify the wiring so the car beeps when the doors open or close?


Thank you
ara606 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 03-08-2015, 12:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara606 View Post
Hello guys!


I have recently purchased a 2014 428I. I has no idea the car was NOT equipped with Alarm system. Does anyone know if its possible to add factory alarm to this car? Or just somehow modify the wiring so the car beeps when the doors open or close?


Thank you
everytime a door opens or closes you want a beep?
bird is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 03-08-2015, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 8
(Thread Starter)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird View Post
everytime a door opens or closes you want a beep?
Yes. My car does not have an alarm I had no idea Alarm was not included.. Is there any way to make it beep when lock or unlock the doors? It already flashes but no beep. I really appreciate your help.
Thank you
ara606 is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 Old 03-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara606 View Post
Yes. My car does not have an alarm I had no idea Alarm was not included.. Is there any way to make it beep when lock or unlock the doors? It already flashes but no beep. I really appreciate your help.
Thank you
since you have the 428I and you paid more than 40K then it should be equipped with an alarm system. If you have two sets of keys / remote then thats your lock and unlock button which activates the alarm as well.

try pressing the panic button and check if it will make a sound. since your light flashes then your sound/ chime/acoustic might be disabled. its in the settings.

read the manual. check with your dealer and ask them to help you out.


go to
1. settings
2. doors/key
3. activate or deactivate desired confirmation signals (acoustic and flash) when unlocking and locking doors.
CONZYS_DZIRE is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 03-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 743
Welcome to the forum
What other cars were you considering before going for the 4 series?



MPWR is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 03-10-2015, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 8
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONZYS_DZIRE View Post
since you have the 428I and you paid more than 40K then it should be equipped with an alarm system. If you have two sets of keys / remote then thats your lock and unlock button which activates the alarm as well.

try pressing the panic button and check if it will make a sound. since your light flashes then your sound/ chime/acoustic might be disabled. its in the settings.

read the manual. check with your dealer and ask them to help you out.


go to
1. settings
2. doors/key
3. activate or deactivate desired confirmation signals (acoustic and flash) when unlocking and locking doors.
Thank you for your response. I am pretty sure I DO NOT have an alarm. That is an additional $400 option!! Paid 40K for the car with no alarm. pretty lame! I have no idea to ask for alarm as I thought it would be included..
Is there any way to add a buzzer to the existing factory wiring? Or maybe it can be programed? Already tried dealership and they are clueless!!!
Thank you
ara606 is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 03-10-2015, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 8
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPWR View Post
Welcome to the forum
What other cars were you considering before going for the 4 series?
Hello and thank you I was looking at Audi S5 but prefer BMW brand over Audi. both nice cars... To bad Alarm is NOT standard on a 40K car
ara606 is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 03-14-2015, 08:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara606 View Post
Hello and thank you I was looking at Audi S5 but prefer BMW brand over Audi. both nice cars... To bad Alarm is NOT standard on a 40K car
That is weird, by default I assumed the 4 series would have it.
Just to make sure you might want to stop by your local dealer.



MPWR is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 03-15-2015, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 8
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPWR View Post
That is weird, by default I assumed the 4 series would have it.
Just to make sure you might want to stop by your local dealer.
Yeah that is exactly what I thought. my car is a 428i and alarm is optional. it comes standard in 435I
ara606 is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 04-22-2015, 02:21 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3
Need an Alarm for 428i

I too am disappointed an alarm is not a standard. I only realized this after I purchased the car, which I love with or without an alarm. So would love to hear what you all come up with a best solution to add an alarm.

dcvillanueva is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW 4-Series Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW builds new 2014 M4 for the 2014 DTM season mr.smith BMW 4-Series Forums General Discussion 0 10-08-2013 12:01 PM
2014 BMW 428i Video, First Look AutoGuide.com BMW 4-Series News 4 08-20-2013 04:01 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome