BMW 420i Specifications/Specs/Technical Data
- Urban in l/100 km: 8.6 - 8.4 [8.2 - 8.1]
- Extra-urban in l/100 km: 5.0 - 4.9 [4.9 - 4.8]
- Combined in l/100 km: 6.3 - 6.1 [6.1 - 6.0]
- CO2 emissions in g/km: 147 - 144 [142 - 139]
- Tank capacity, approx. in liters: 60
- Top speed in km/h: 236
- Acceleration 0–100 km/h in seconds: 7.3
- Unladen weight EU in kg: 1,505 [1,525]
- Max. permissible weight in kg: 1,950 [1,970]
- Permitted load in kg: 520
- Permitted axle load front/rear in kg: 910 / 1,095
- Cylinders/valves: 4/4
- Capacity in ccm: 1,997
- Stroke/bore in mm: 90.1/84.0
- Max. output in kW (hp) at 1/min: 135 (184) / 5,000 – 6,250
- Max. torque in Nm at 1/min: 270 / 1,250 – 4,500
- Compression ratio : 1: 11.0
* Information about the data
- Tyre dimensions front: 225/50 R17 94V
- Tyre dimensions rear: 225/50 R17 94V
- Wheel dimensions and material front: 7.5 J x 17 inches, light-alloy
- Wheel dimensions and material rear: 7.5 J x 17 inches, light-alloy
The figures for fuel consumption and CO2 emissions depend on the wheel and tyre sizes selected.
Further information about the official fuel consumption and the official specific CO2 emissions for new passenger automobiles can be found in the "New Passenger Vehicle Fuel Consumption and CO2 Emission Guidelines", which are available free of charge at all sales outlets and from DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH, Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1, 73760 Ostfildern, Germany.
The maximum speed in the BMW 4 Series Coupé models 428i, 428i xDrive, 435i, 435i xDrive, 430d, 435d xDrive is electronically limited.
Values outside brackets refer to the basic model with the standard transmission; values in brackets to the model with the optionally-available transmission (see special equipment).
All engines meet the EU6 emissions standard. Fuel consumption is determined in accordance with the ECE driving cycle (93/116/EC), made up of approximately one-third urban traffic and two-thirds extra-urban driving (based on the distance covered). CO2 emissions are measured in addition to fuel consumption as such. Fuel consumption levels are calculated on the basis of vehicles with standard equipment. Special equipment (e.g. wider tyres) can have a significant impact on fuel consumption and driving performance levels.
These specifications apply to vehicles on the German market. The models illustrated may, in part, include optional equipment and accessories not fitted as standard. According to the specific requirements of other markets, alterations may occur regarding models, standard and optional equipment as described in the text and illustrations. For precise information, please contact your BMW Partner. Subject to change in design and equipment. Subject to error. Equipment specific to national markets is not represented here.
Unladen weight (EU) in kg: the figure quoted includes a 90 per cent tank filling, 68 kg for the driver and 7 kg for luggage. Unladen weight applies to vehicles with standard equipment. Optional equipment may increase this figure.
Rated output: BMW recommends the use of super unleaded 95 RON fuel. Unleaded RON 91 fuel or higher with a maximum ethanol limit of 10 percent (E10) is also permitted. The performance and fuel consumption rates listed are based on the use of RON 98 fuel.