Hello from Toronto! - BMW 4-Series Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-23-2016, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
(Thread Starter)
Hello from Toronto!

Stumbled upon this forum and decided to join

I've been looking at the 428, any experiences/feedbacks on this model?
4Series is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 03-31-2016, 12:14 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 25
welcome! you may want to browse https://www.4-seriesforums.com/34-bmw-428i-forum/
or repost your question there
Speedzone is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 04-01-2016, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedzone View Post
welcome! you may want to browse https://www.4-seriesforums.com/34-bmw-428i-forum/
or repost your question there
Thanks @Speedzone.

Do you currently own the 428i or thinking of getting one?

Just that I overheard that there's some vibration or noise in the AWD v4, is that true?
4Series is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 04-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 743
I believe that was with the first few batches but if you're planning to get one now, being a 2016 year model version you might not run into that problem, good chance it was addressed by now. Looking out for a Technical Service Bulletin will help guide you around this concern.



MPWR is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 04-06-2016, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
(Thread Starter)
Thanks @MPWR for the guidance.

I need to go check out the car in person to see the whole picture

Always good to know before hand of any possible glitches.
4Series is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 04-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Series View Post
Thanks @MPWR for the guidance.

I need to go check out the car in person to see the whole picture

Always good to know before hand of any possible glitches.
Indeed.

But not everyone has that ability and patience, they just need to get in right away and are willing to take whatever risk comes with it. And I can see how that's the case. Most buyers are like that.



MPWR is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 04-30-2016, 06:50 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 14
4 Series
I've been driving my 428xi G.C. for nearly a year without a hint of a problem. We really enjoy the car. The little N20 4 cylinder turbo motor is slightly less refined and smooth than the preceding 6 cylinder motor but the performance is pretty remarkable. On cold start it sounds a little like a small John Deere diesel tractor but quiets down pretty well when warm. We're currently driving our third car with the N20 turbo and we haven't experienced any problems with them after more than 100K miles driven. And, we haven't found the engine noise particularly objectionable.

There were several TSBs on the 2014s, mostly for airbags and headlights. Not much since then.

Go for it.

.
.

E30 325is . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fun little Rascal
E39 540i Sport . . . . . . . .ah-hhhh ... Hated to let her go but, after 10+ years it was time
E90 330xi Sport. . . . . . . Oh, we should have kept that one
E90 335xi Sport. . . . . . . Hallelujah ... GONE !
F25 X3 28i . . . . . . . . . . .Wife's first SUV -- traded
F25 X3 28i 2.0T . . . . . . . Her 2nd SUV -- traded
F25 X3 28i 2.0T . . . . . . . . . . Wife's newest ride
F36 428xi G.C. M-Sport . . . . Highway Cruiser
.
.
dmmai is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 05-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmai View Post
4 Series
I've been driving my 428xi G.C. for nearly a year without a hint of a problem. We really enjoy the car. The little N20 4 cylinder turbo motor is slightly less refined and smooth than the preceding 6 cylinder motor but the performance is pretty remarkable. On cold start it sounds a little like a small John Deere diesel tractor but quiets down pretty well when warm. We're currently driving our third car with the N20 turbo and we haven't experienced any problems with them after more than 100K miles driven. And, we haven't found the engine noise particularly objectionable.

There were several TSBs on the 2014s, mostly for airbags and headlights. Not much since then.

Go for it.
That's one reason why i'm missing the days of having some really exotic sounding inline 6's, the E46 line was a good example of this.

I know Porsche Cayman/Boxster owners will value the 6 banger even more since the new Cayman/Boxster is getting a 4 banger... sounds like a Subaru now.



MPWR is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW 4-Series Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Toronto Canada Blue4series Introductions 17 07-22-2019 04:16 AM
4-series in Toronto bird BMW 4-Series Forums General Discussion 7 09-16-2013 06:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome