BMW 4-Series Forums

BMW 4-Series Forums (https://www.4-seriesforums.com/forum.php)
-   Dinan (https://www.4-seriesforums.com/306-dinan/)
-   -   Aftermarket options - Dinan? (https://www.4-seriesforums.com/306-dinan/2305-aftermarket-options-dinan.html)

Kaine1985 01-18-2014 05:43 PM

Aftermarket options - Dinan?
 
Hello all!

Anyone out there hear about any aftermarket options for the 435i xdrive? I've been checking the Dinan webpages but unfortunately there is not much available there (or seemingly anywhere else).

scott 01-20-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaine1985 (Post 12905)
Hello all!

Anyone out there hear about any aftermarket options for the 435i xdrive? I've been checking the Dinan webpages but unfortunately there is not much available there (or seemingly anywhere else).

Dianan says early Spring for software for the F series.

Foose 01-23-2014 03:39 PM

i was under the impression from a youtube video that Dinan had software available for the F32 because it is the same N55 engine as the 335i but was causing a lot of trouble with the 'computer' of the 4 series or something of the sort. Dont quote me on that though.....The M performance power kit is available though for 2 grand as opposed to 2500 for the dinan... the MPK does not offer as much HP and torque as the dinan at stage 2. and Dinan is also upgradable to stage 3 which needs an intercooler upgrade to work....which can bring your 435 if you have an air intake, m exhaust, ltd slip diff offered by bmw performance parts up to around 400 hp and around 415 lb/torque

scott 01-23-2014 04:30 PM

Dinan can't yet "communicate" with any F series N55. Stage 2 software for E series N55 produces 355hp/400tq for $2000 according to their site, plus install at a authorized dealer.

The PPK really isn't that far off. In fact, Dinan dyno'd a E90 N55 with the old PPK and came up with 336/377. Not bad for a product BMW claims as 320/320 (old PPK). The engine is a torque monster.

scott 01-23-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foose (Post 13409)
i was under the impression from a youtube video that Dinan had software available for the F32 because it is the same N55 engine as the 335i but was causing a lot of trouble with the 'computer' of the 4 series or something of the sort. Dont quote me on that though.....The M performance power kit is available though for 2 grand as opposed to 2500 for the dinan... the MPK does not offer as much HP and torque as the dinan at stage 2. and Dinan is also upgradable to stage 3 which needs an intercooler upgrade to work....which can bring your 435 if you have an air intake, m exhaust, ltd slip diff offered by bmw performance parts up to around 400 hp and around 415 lb/torque

You must have hit your 1200 mile break-in period by now. Love to hear your experiences with the extra grunt offered with PPK.

Foose 01-23-2014 08:39 PM

Wow, thanks for the info... U did a much better job explaining it than me... Tom I am having the M performance Exhaust installed... There will be a break in period... I am at 2100 miles so I've been punchin it.... Have some interesting stories about guys in 3s coming up to me constantly saying wow. Next I am opting with the MPK to be installed shortly with the air intake upgrade by BMW and LSD mod by BMW.... I wish I could do it all at once....but it's a lot of cheddar and you wouldn't believe what I owe for my lease return of my 3.....over 6k ugh

MPWR 01-24-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott (Post 13425)
Dinan can't yet "communicate" with any F series N55. Stage 2 software for E series N55 produces 355hp/400tq for $2000 according to their site, plus install at a authorized dealer.

The PPK really isn't that far off. In fact, Dinan dyno'd a E90 N55 with the old PPK and came up with 336/377. Not bad for a product BMW claims as 320/320 (old PPK). The engine is a torque monster.

Got to love how BMW's are known for that.
I actually think they overbuild their engines and then detune them.




scott 01-24-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPWR (Post 13481)
Got to love how BMW's are known for that.
I actually think they overbuild their engines and then detune them.

So we as consumers can spend $2k more on a "power kit" to experience what the 435 should have been from factory. They absolutely detune them. Aftermarket piggybacks going for $500 are safetly adding ridiculous amounts of power without requiring any other modifications.

scott 01-25-2014 08:00 PM

Apparently Steve Dinan stopped by a dealership in San Diego very recently and said the software tune for the 435 is about a month out. I heard this from someone who spoke with the lead tech at the dealership. Take it for what it's worth.

cfrp 01-26-2014 06:08 PM

Around summer time we should see more aftermarket parts for the 4 series

I expect alot being the coupe version of their most popular car.





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome